5 Recent Reads You Need To Check Out

February 12, 2017

5 Recent Reads Stacked


Hello Sweeties! If reading books was a profession, I'd be an expert. I'm such a bookworm, I've had my head in a book for as long as I can remember and I just find so much joy from reading a good book. During the holidays (before the woes of back to school caught me off guard), I read a fair few books that I really loved, so I wanted to give you all a run down of my top  5 recent reads.



THE READS


5 Recent Reads Girl Online: Going Solo by Zoe Sugg


Girl Online: Going Solo - Zoe Sugg

Anyone who reads my blog will probably know that Zoella is my all-time favourite youtuber. I have so much respect for Zoe - Aside from being an internet star she managed to release three novels, over 3 beauty collections plus a homeware range in the space of two years. That's skill. I have read both of her previous books and loved them, so I couldn't possibly NOT read her third novel. This recent read wasn't particularly difficult, but all of Zoe's books are pretty easy going seeing as a lot of her audience is aged 10+. But nonetheless it's such a lovely story, I really enjoyed this book and I love Zoe's characters and ideas she's put into the book. Still focusing on main character Penny Porter, Girl Online: Going Solo follows Penny as she steps out of her shell a bit more and finds herself. A perfect balance of friendship, love and drama this is a really enjoyable book for a variety of age groups.


5 Recent Reads If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo


If I Was Your Girl - Meredith Russo

You need to read this book. Now. This was for sure the most eye-opening story I read in 2016. If I Was Your Girl is about a transgender girl (Amanda Hardy) who has just moved to a new school, and the novel follows her as she makes new friendships, relationships and sort of just finds her way in her new transitioned lifestyle. I don't want to give anything away but I just found this book so touching, and it made me really realise and understand how difficult it could be if you felt like you were born into the wrong body. The story seemed so real and raw, and it sends such a strong message about being yourself and loving who you are. I cannot recommend this novel enough!


5 Recent Reads Stacked Books


We Were Liars - E. Lockhart

This is possibly the most jaw-dropping, dramatic book I have ever read. Without giving any spoilers, this book is filled with truth, secrets and heartbreak. We Were Liars for sure gets my page-turner vote of 2016, it's written so well and it's insane plot twists will have you in ugly-tears till you can't see. We Were Liars focuses on secrets and that although things can seem perfect on the outside, every family has lies and secrets of their own. Basically you HAVE to go out and read this book asap if you're up for the emotional roller coaster that is We Were Liars.

5 Recent Reads Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven

Holding Up The Universe - Jennifer Niven

I am a huge fan of Jennifer Niven's All The Bright Places, so as soon as Holding Up The Universe hit the shelves I knew I had to read it. Holding Up The Universe tells the story of a girl named Libby who is known for being the largest teenage girl in America. Libby meets a boy named Jack who suffers from a condition which renders him unable to recognize faces (Prosopagnosia), and the plot follows them both as they grow in each others lives and help each other through their struggles. It's such a great book and a lovely story, it has a perfect mix of romance, sadness and happiness so if you want a good all-rounder with a great plot, then this book is for you! 


5 Recent Reads Windowsill


The Memory Book - Lara Avery

This one was my most recent read, and I found it to be a really special one. The Memory Book tells the story of Samantha (Sammie), a girl who has big dreams and plans for her future, until she is diagnosed with a rare disorder that will slowly chip away at her memory. The Memory Book is written in a form of momentos and entries of Sammie writing to her future self - a guide so that she will not forget a single moment despite her disorder. I found this book so heartfelt, I had so much empathy for Sammie but also admiration. This book focuses heavily on loss, love and trying to go on when times are tough. Please read this book, it really tugged at my heartstrings and I thought it was such a gem of a story. It's one you really have to read yourself to understand, but I highly suggest you do because it's such a great novel.



5 Recent Reads Out of focus shot



What was your most recent read?


Stay Sweet,
post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe